NARL Club 2015 General Meetings:
7:00 pm at the Newington Senior Center
120 Cedar Street, Newington
First Monday of every month except holidays
Board of Directors Meetings: as announced by President.
NARL Club Sanctioned Events for 2015:
- May 23 - Newington Memorial Day Parade. See Stephanie Bustos or meet at 8 am at Fire HQ, 1485 Main Street in Newington.
- May 27th - 6 pm - Board of Directors Meeting, League front lobby.
- June 1 - General Membership Meeting, 7 pm, Newington Senior Center
- June 20 - NARLFEST, St. Mary's School, 652 Willard Ave, Newington, 8am - 1 pm
- June 27 & 28 - ARRL Field Day - NARL site at Mill Pond, Newington
2015 Public Service Events, communications provided by NARL
The Newington Amateur Radio League (NARL) provides as a public service, free of charge, volunteers for communications. In the recent past, we have provided comms for charity walks and races, river regattas, bike and motorcycle rides, outdoor events and parades.
Our volunteers are trained communicators with their own radios who can assist anyone coping with large crowds, cell phone "dead zones", or busy organization leaders who don't have enough hands or ears to deal with the flood of messages they receive and send during a large event.
Non-NARL ham related:
- May 16 - Boy Scout Jamboree in CT ARES Region 2
- May 23-24, 2015 - Angel Ride. Radio communications by CT ARES - statewide. Ride goes from Litchfield to Ashford, then to Mystic. Contact ARES SEC Wayne Gronlund, N1CLV, to volunteer.
- May 30, 2015 - Jim Calhoun Cancer Challenge. Radio communications by CT ARES Region 3. Looking for volunteers for checkpoints, SAG vehicles, motorcycle patrol, net control, scribes, runners, phone answerers. Email to AB1GL@arrl.net.
What NARL did in 2014
May 18 - Lucy Welles Library 5K Run, NARL supplied radio communications and runner guidance along the course.
May 24 - Newington Veteran's Day Parade, see Armando Landrian or Ethel Kramer to volunteer.
June 21 - NARLFEST, the NARL club's hamfest held at St. Mary's School on Willard Avenue in Newington. Ve-29 - ndor set up 6 am, general admission 8 am-1 pm. Fleamarket, vendor tables, organization tables, door prizes, seminars. Free parking. Last weekend to get those missing gizmos you'll need for Field Day the following weekend.
June 28 - Field Day at Mill Pond Park - the club set up tents and antennas and conducted their part in this nationwide contest among hams.
Aug. 4 - Board of Directors Meeting, Senior Center, Newington, 6:30 pm. This will be in lieu of the August monthly general membership meeting.
Aug. 9 - NARL Picnic. Churchill Park, Newington. 11am-4 pm. Club provides hamburgers and hot dogs, you bring the rest and/or make a donation. Families welcome.