NARL Club 2017 General Meetings:
7:00 pm at the Newington Senior Center
120 Cedar Street, Newington
First Monday of every month except holidays
Board of Directors Meetings: as announced by President.
NARL Club Sanctioned Events for 2017:
- NARL INFO NET - Every Thursday, 7:30 PM on 145.450MHz, minus 600 offset, pl 127.3
- January 2017 Board of Directors meeting - Tuesday, Jan 31, 6:30 pm in the Richard B. Lienhard Room of the Lucy Welles Library.
- Feb. 6 - Monthly General Membership meeting, 7 pm, Newington Senior Center, 120 Cedar Street, Newington CT 06111. Click HERE for live link to Google map. GUEST SPEAKER: Doug Sharafanowich WA1SFH, on "Share the Magic of Amateur Radio"
Public Service Events, communications provided by NARL
The Newington Amateur Radio League (NARL) is a local non-profit organization that provides as a public service, free of charge, volunteers for communications. In the recent past, we have provided comms for charity walks and races, river regattas, bike and motorcycle rides, outdoor events and parades.
Why ask for ham radio operators for your event?
- If the event venue has poor cell coverage (ham radios have more power and better antennas, don't rely on cell towers)
- If attendance will be so large that cell subscribers won't get dial tone (if thousands of spectators reach for their phones at the same time, the local cell towers will overload)
- If your event leaders will be too busy to answer their phones (hams are trained to "shadow" leaders and free them from the burden of working phones and walkie-talkies)
- If the event covers a large area (normal handi-talkies only work line-of-sight, while hams can use repeaters or skywaves.)
- If interoperability is necessary (ham radios are open transmissions that everyone can hear)
- You need volunteers who are trained to interface with Incident Commanders from all the major first responders
- Our services are absolutely free of charge, as required by law
- You are helping us by giving us an occasion to test our equipment and practice our skill and art
Please contact email@example.com several months in advance of your event to allow for proper planning.
Non-NARL but ham related:
Know of an event of interest to hams? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll post it here.